Live, Love and Laugh. :D

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Chicken and Pulao life. Oh sorry, I meant, PILAF.

Seriously now, my existence in the blogosphere is a shame. I've been updating my blog ANNUALLY, what even am I doing with my life.
Well, I guess that is the point of my post which I write on a gloomy Saturday afternoon. What on earth is up with me?
I promise you I'm not trying to be a super cool blogger who would grace you with my presence and tell you about what I ate for lunch. I am well aware of the fact that you do not care about that. (Chicken and Pulao for lunch, fyi :P)

Anyhoo, for starters I finally graduated from school! I gave my final exams, I fared well in my results and I am currently pursuing Political Science Honours from Delhi University. Bring in the applause please. Tell me I am cool. (I'm acting needy since I tanked in my law entrances, my distant dream..)
My travel to college includes 16 metro stations and 40 minutes of sheer impatience. But, it is something I have gotten used to now. I like to rant for the sake of ranting, so bear with me.
After being in a co-ed school for 14 years, I landed up in a girl's college and it feels strangely liberating at times. The mantra to survive my Bachelor's degree is '3 years, 0 men and 1 degree'. xD
But we still eye cute guys in the distance while drinking milkshakes in Kamla Nagar. *sigh* I should probably stop now. I tend to get carried away.

Remember the time people around you said, 'Oh, things would change a lot after school ends! Your friends, your priorities, your lifestyle. But hey, you'll get used to it' and you'd shrug off their comments by saying 'My life will be just the same after school, so will my friends and my priorities because I am cool like that yo!'. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT think that your life will be the same after school ends because that is not true. People who you'd hang out with every single minute of the day would soon come under the category of 'out of sight, out of mind'. Yes, you'd meet them now and then and your friendship will always be special to you. But, after one point, your relationship with them would be frequent and short conversations on WhatsApp. However, do not feel dishearted and think that your life will go into seclusion, there would always be that special set of friends from school and those days who would cease to forget you.

I am still not sure which direction this post is headed towards, I do not want to sound like some know-it-all senior citizen giving everyone a sermon about life but I just feel like sharing how my life faced a complete transition in the past few months.

In 2015, I have learnt so much about myself. I have explored so much of new music, literature, culture and food. I have been around my city like never before. I feel like a new person altogether. I remember the night before college began, I was panicking about a number of things pertaining to what lies ahead. Admist of all the chaos, I looked at myself in the mirror. There was a calming moment of clarity. I looked at myself and thought, it does not matter what happened in the past, it is not in my hands anymore. But what happens NOW and ahead is. In that moment, I promised to myself, 'From tomorrow onwards, I would never be the same person again'. I cleared my slate and I awaited the numerous memories and times I was yet to encounter. Today, I am drenched in the beauty of my chaotic life. I could not have asked for anything more or less. I am the same girl many knew, but not quite.
It is never too late to give yourself a second chance at how you want your life to be. Smile often, be happy, fall in love, do the things which you'd never imagine yourself doing. You and I have no idea about what tomorrow holds. Onwards and upwards, it's a good time to be alive :)

Kal pe sawaal hai, jeena filhaal hai.

I cannot promise my regularity, but thank you guys for being around anyways.
All my love :*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know some feedback! *shivers*